Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pete the Cat and his Buttons






  Our new "Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons" book came this week, and it is a hit!!  Every free moment today found a kid -- or group of kids -- reading about Pete and his groovy buttons. Too bad it's not on the reading assessment -- they would get a great fluency score!!And what a great way to incorporate some math into literature!  I love to introduce new books they will  read again and again.

The other new one last month was "Go Away Big Green Monster" and it's another favorite.  I learned of both books when they were mentioned in a teaching blog -- I am so grateful that I discovered  the blogging world last summer!

(I also found out about the Green Monster smoothie on a blog -- and I've had one about every morning  since then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you comment!!