Monday, November 12, 2012

My Veteran

Veterans Day 2012

I took my favorite veteran to school this week --- my husband!  Mr. Spencer spent 25 years serving his country in the Army, and although he has been retired for about 20 years, I still get a thrill out of  seeing him in his uniform.  He brought pictures of the foxhole he stayed in when he was in Vietnam, his helicopter, and his tent in Saudi Arabia. The kids were fascinated and had lots of questions.





They were especially interested in his medals --- I had him to bring the display case full of medals, and one little boy sat staring in awe.



This is a story written by one of my children --- I thought it was great!  It says, "This man is a hero."


Veterans, we salute you and thank you for your service.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you comment!!