Friday, December 6, 2013

A Visit from Mrs. Claus


          It's been a busy week, full of gingerbread stories and Christmas crafts and practicing for our first ever Christmas play, "The Gingerbread Man."  The play was written by Heidi Butkus, a kindergarten teacher, and it is so much fun for the kids.  I don't know how they will do when they are actually on stage, but they are really getting in to the songs and learning quickly.
          We had a surprise visitor today -- Mrs. Santa Claus paid a visit to our class.


           It was so exciting -- like we need any more excitement at this time of year -- and I just wanted to share a few pictures.  I asked the kids to raise their hands if they had been good -- all but 2 hands went up.  I appreciated their honesty, but I wondered if they were worried at all that they might just get a lump of coal...

 

    And a picture with my assistant, "Mrs. Awesome"-- a well-deserved name given to her by one of our former students.  


            Thank you, Mrs. Claus ( when not busy taking care of Santa and his elves, she also serves on our school board.). 
           

1 comment:

I love it when you comment!!