Saturday, January 4, 2014

Getting Lean in 2014



                                                                Blog Hoppin

 

 

       A linky about fitness is not one that I feel very comfortable about joining. I mean, if I resolve AGAIN  to eat right and exercise regularly -- and it is written down -- and I give up before February and start eating corn dogs and drinking sweet tea in the school lunchroom again -- it will be pretty embarrassing.  But I really, REALLY want to fit back into some of my favorite clothes. And I want to be able to walk up my driveway without gasping for breath. So maybe if I put it in writing, it will be more of an incentive to just do it this year.



       I got this cool little gadget called a fit bit for Christmas.  It's sort of an electronic pedometer that records my steps and it is linked to the computer so I can see how I am doing.  The goal is 10000 steps a day! and I haven't come close yet. But it also can magically tell when I am active -- like exercising -- and records how many minutes I was jogging or walking. How does it do that?  It makes a graph to show my progress -- I love graphs -- and I'd sure like to see the graphs show progress. It also keeps track of the food I eat if I am honest and enter it, then tells me how many calories I have left and how many pounds I still need to lose to get to my goal.

       Another tool to help is the "couch 2 5k" app on my Kindle.  I downloaded the app last year, but didn't really get very far.  Not that I think I am going to run a 5 k -- but it is a good way to exercise when the voice says -- "now start walking" or " you are halfway" and I can listen to my playlist at the same time. I needed some really inspiring songs to keep me going, and I found some great ones.
"Every Breath You Take -- Every move you make -- I'll be watching you" is an oldie that inspires me to keep moving.
"Strong Enough" by Matthew West says "I give up too easily...I'm asking You to be strong enough for both of us."
"The Motions" also by Matthew West says "I don't want to spend my whole life asking, 'What if I had given everything?'"
"Dynamite" is a fun song I first heard at Zumba class-- another attempt at fitness that I dropped after a few weeks.  My body just will not move like that!
"Your Grace is Enough" by Chris Tomlin says "You use the weak" (that's me!) and "Great is Your faithfulness "
"Good Morning" by Mandisa says, "You give me strength" and "I can feel the hope that's rising up in me!"
     So, here it is.  I have the tools, I know what to do -- and I have lots of  teacher bloggers who are also blogging about fitness.  And now I have people to say "Put down that corn dog!" if any of my co-workers read this. (But Papa John's pizza day doesn't count -- I promise to make up for it with less supper or more exercise)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you comment!!