Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My Summer To-Do List

   I am sitting on a tour bus with my daughter and about 40 other people, and we are inching our way up the Interstate toward New York so I can mark off number 10 on my summer to-do list.  The traffic is bumper to bumper, and has been this way ever since we crossed into Maryland. But the bus is comfortable and air conditioned, and we have watched 2 nice videos plus I took a nap, had hash brown casserole at Cracker Barrel, and best of all, the bus has wifi so I can use my iPad! And tomorrow we will spend the day in New York and see Aladdin on Broadway. 


    As for the rest of my list -- well, the summer went by so quickly! The 40th anniversary trip would not fit in, so that will happen in October. I worked on the weeds in the flower garden some, but it was always too hot or too wet--so now I guess I will just wait for the weeds to die. The church library still needs work, although I did make some progress. 
   On the plus side, I did clean out the closet, but the clothes are still in a basket, waiting for a trip to Goodwill. I made it to WV for a week long family reunion marathon, and ate DQ hot dogs and Tudors biscuits, so check that off! I kept walking and exercising, and actually lost a few more pounds--check!
And I have learned most of my music for chorus except the brand new song.


    As for getting rid of my school stuff -- well, I found a teacher consignment shop, but I spent $20 instead of selling anything. 


That's kind of a problem with me. I have school on my mind all summer. When we go out of town, I always look for a teacher supply store.  I bought a bunch of stuff from Teachers Pay Teachers, and I pin kindergarten ideas on Pinterest and I read blogs and books about effective teaching. I spent at least 4 full days at school working on my room -- on my own time, of course. And the corner of my living room is still stacked with school stuff.  I have a stack of games and activities waiting to be laminated. And the floor beside my bed has a stack of books as well. And here I am on vacation -- blogging about school.
     I did read some other books this summer, often until 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning. And that creates another problem, because I need to get on a school time schedule by next week!
    So, I didn't quite do it all, but I enjoyed having the time to just do nothing some days. And I have to admit that I am looking forward to meeting my new class. I could have used another week -- but that would mean missing the NYC trip -- making memories! I thank God for the opportunity to spend time with my family, near and far, and for another opportunity to teach children. 
     New York City, here we come! I wonder if they have any teacher stores there??

1 comment:

  1. It as if I wrote the blog today - except I didn't do a trip to NYC or WV but the part of projects for school, school stuff all around the house, working in classroom on own time, and constantly looking for teacher stores - and yes I am excited about my new class of kinders as well. Praying God blesses you with a great year. Out of curiosity - where is the teacher consignment store? Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you comment!!